A great news for pizza lovers!
You don’t need to whine for losing out on having pizzas during a keto diet. If your heart sinks with the thought of forgoing pizza, then you must know that keto will be easy for you as there are keto versions of pizzas available.
Of course it might not compete with your favourite Barro’s pizza or Dominos pizza, but will still satisfy your taste buds to quite a good extent.
With some modifications, you can enjoy pizzas on a keto diet, and not worry about carbs at all!
Go through the given recipes, and make one for yourself at home.
5 MINUTE KETO PIZZA:
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 tbsp. Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tbsp. Psyllium Husk Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- Salt to Taste
- 2 tsp. Frying Oil
- 1.5 oz. Mozzarella Cheese
- 3 tbsp. low carb Tomato Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Freshly Chopped Basil
- Measure out all dry ingredients into a bowl or container that can fit your
- Add 2 eggs and mix everything together using your blender. Make sure you continue blending for about 30 seconds, allowing the psyllium husk to absorb some of the liquid.
- Heat 2 tsp. frying oil (I used bacon fat) in a pan over medium-high heat. Once very hot, spoon your mixture into the pan and spread out into a circle shape.
- Once the edges have started to set and look slightly brown, flip the pizza crust. You can optionally transfer it to a plate and flip from there. Turn the broiler on high in the oven
- Cook on the opposite side for 30-60 seconds, then turn the stove off. Spoon 3 tbsp low carb tomato sauce over the pizza and spread.
- Add cheese, then put pizza into the oven to broil. Leave a crack open in the oven so you can keep an eye on it. Once it’s bubbling, remove it from the oven.
- Serve with some freshly chopped basil over the top!
Each pizza comes out to be 459 Calories, 35g Fats, 3.5g Net Carbs, and 27g Protein.
HOME MADE SUGAR FREE LOW CARB PIZZA SAUCE:
- 4 pounds tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons (3 packets) low carb sweetener
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 Skin tomatoes by first gently cutting an “X” at the base and then placing in boiling water for 30-60 seconds.
2 After skin has been removed, cut in quarters and place in microwave safe bowl.
3 Add sweetener and seasonings.
4 Cook uncovered in microwave on MED HIGH to HIGH (depending on wattage) for about 15-20 minutes.
5 Pour out excess liquid and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
6 Place tomato mixture into blender or food processor and puree.
7 Can be used immediately or canned for later use.
KETO PIZZA WITH THAI TOPPINGS:
- 1½ cups (192 g) Whole Ground Flaxseed Meal
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoons erythritol or monk fruit sweetener
- 1 teaspoon grey sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons hot water
Thai Salami Pizza Toppings
- ¼ cup (65 g) red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 roasted red bell peppers, sliced
- ¼ small red onion, sliced
- 5½ oz (155 g) smoked paprika salami, sliced
- 2 teaspoons Mill Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1 Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2 In a large bowl, combine the flaxseed meal, baking soda, sweetener, salt, oregano, garlic powder, and basil leaves. Mix with a spoon.
3 Add the egg, avocado oil and hot water. Mix until incorporated and can be rolled into a ball easily.
4 Transfer the low-carb pizza dough ball to the parchment paper lined baking sheet. Press the dough with your fingers to shape into a 12-inch (30.5 cm) round pizza crust at ¼-inch (6 mm) thick.
5 Transfer the crust to the preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes, or until lightly golden on the edges.
6 While the crust is cooking, prepare the pizza sauce by combining the curry paste and tomato paste in a small bowl.
7 Remove the crust from the oven, spread the sauce over top, followed by the sliced bell peppers, sliced onion, sliced salami, and nutritional yeast.
8 Transfer back to the oven and cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until toppings are heated through.
9 Remove from the oven and allow the pizza to sit for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
NOTE: Add your own toppings and modify it, the way you want to. But remember to use keto friendly foods.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Calories from Fat: 105
Total Fat: 11.7
Saturated Fat: 1.8 g
Cholesterol: 27> mg
Sodium: 751 mg
Carbs: 11.8 g
Dietary Fiber: 9.2 g
Net Carbs: 2.6 g
Sugars: 2.3 g
Protein: 7.1 g
GREEN FAT HEAD PIZZA:
FatHead Pizza Base
- 170 g pre shredded/grated cheese mozzarella is the best or Edam/mild cheese
- 85 g almond meal/flour
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 egg
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp dried rosemary/ garlic or other flavourings optional
Green FatHead Toppings
- 1 zucchini/ courgette finely sliced
- handful fresh mint finely sliced
- 1/2 spring onion finely sliced
- feta crumbled
FatHead Pizza Base
1 Mix the shredded/grated cheese and almond flour/meal in a microwaveable bowl. Add the cream cheese. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
2 Stir then microwave on HIGH for another 30 seconds.
3 Add the egg, salt, rosemary and any other flavourings, mix gently.
4 Place in between 2 pieces of baking parchment/paper and roll into a circular pizza shape. Remove the top piece of baking paper/parchment. If the mixture hardens and becomes difficult to work with, pop it back in the microwave for 10-20 seconds to soften again but not too long or you will cook the egg.
5 Make fork holes all over the pizza base to ensure it cooks evenly.
6 Slide the baking paper/parchment with the pizza base, on a baking tray (cookie tray) or pizza stone, and bake at 220C/425F for 12-15 minutes, or until brown.
7 To make the base really crispy and sturdy, flip the pizza base over (onto baking paper/parchment) once the top has browned.
8 Once cooked, remove from the oven and add all the toppings. Sprinkle the spring onion and mint then top with very very thin slices of zucchini/courgettes and finally crumbled feta.
9 Bake again at 220C/425F for 5 minutes.
Fat Head pastry can also be made by replacing the almond meal/flour with 1/4 cup (4 tbsp) coconut flour. You may alter toppings according to your choice.
(Based on the toppings given in the recipe)
Calories: 203 Total fat: 16.8g Carbs: 4g Protein: 11g
Editor’s note: – If you are interested in ketosis, and following ketogenic diet plans, we recommend two very useful resources – Perfect Keto, a natural supplement to get you into the state of Ketosis as quickly and effectively as possible, and The Essential Keto Cookbook, a great way to kickstart your Keto journey.