Emerging as a potentially effective weight loss plan, the Ketogenic diet outweighs other diet plans for the plethora of benefits that it provides.
Tried and embraced by many, this diet has helped people to attain the level of fitness they crave for.
But of course, no dieting can ever be extremely easy. It always comes with a set of challenges!
Having said that, we would like to shift your attention towards ‘Exogenous Ketones’! These have been introduced in the market since the past few years and there’s much of a buzz about them.
We must know, that a Ketogenic Diet is centered around bringing the body into a ‘natural state of Ketosis.’
It is a low carb diet, where the body produces ketones in the liver to be used as a source of energy.
It is high in fat, moderate in protein and extremely low in carbs. It’s a diet plan that triggers ‘ketosis’ in your body!
Two important side effects to a keto diet need your attention!
You can manage them….
- Sapped energy/ fatigue
This is something that is very obvious and very easy to understand. Your source of energy till now was glucose. It came from grains, starchy vegetables and sugary fruits. Now when you cut all of them down and move to a high protein and fat diet, you will lose on that instant energy that you used to get, initially.
In the absence of glucose you are bound to feel lethargic and fatigued.
This is also an initial symptom and should be warded off as your baody adapts nad the production of ketones starts.
It is a problem only when you are on a keto diet since long and still do not feel energetic, at that time you need to see whether your meal contains enough fat or not. Or is adequately balanced to suit the keto regimen.
For evading symptoms of lethargy, and be in a healthy state of nutritional ketosis, use a good supplement that takes care of you energy levels.
- Electrolytic imbalance
With less than 50g of net carbs a day that your body is very likely to enter ketosis, meaning your body will use fat for fuel, as opposed to glucose, that is the most important energy source of high carb diets. Because your body retains less water whilst on a ketogenic low-carb diet, a lot of electrolytes will be flushed from your system.
Beginners to a low-carb diet may often neglect the need to replenish the electrolytes that they are washed out of their body.
Any sort of imbalance of electrolytes can cause fatigue, headaches, light-headedness, dizziness and muscle cramping – often known as ‘keto-flu’.
Do not be scared you away from a low-carb diet, it is easy to counteract these problems by supplementing your diet with extra electrolyte sources.
When the body does not have enough glucose for energy, it burns stored fats instead; this results in a build-up of acids called ketones within the body.
Types of Ketone bodies:
In humans, there are 3 different ketones produced by the mitochondria of the liver. These are also often referred to as ketone bodies.
The three ketones are:
2 Acetoacetic Acid
3 Beta-Hydroxybutyric Acid (also known Beta Hydroxybuyrate or BHB). Other chemical names include 3-hydroxybutyric acid or 3-hydroxybutyrate.
BHB is not technically a ketone since it contains a reactive OH-group in place of where a double-bonded oxygen normally would be.
BHB still functions like a ketone in the body and converts into energy much like acetoacetate and acetone.
Most supplements rely on BHB as the source of their exogenous ketone bodies since it functions like a ketone and can be readily converted into energy.
Amazing attribute linked to BHB:
Apart from its main function of taking your body into nutritional ketosis.
Researchers have found out that a ketogenic diet’s anti-inflammatory effects could be due to BHB.
Among its benefits, BHB reduces chronic inflammation and restores healthy inflammation levels. (NCBI)
Naturally-derived compounds that simply mix sodium (and/or potassium, or calcium) with BHB to improve absorption. Commercially available supplements are all made from ketone salts currently. These are also sometimes called “Ketone Mineral Salts” of “BHB Mineral Salts”.
Ketone salts are formed when the ketones are bound to a salt, typically sodium or calcium, potassium, or magnesium, to improve absorption rate. Sometimes ketone salts are referred to as “BHB Mineral Salts” or “Ketone Mineral Salts.”
All of the supplements available on the market currently are ketone salts and they are most recommended and useful for the average consumer.
EDITOR’S NOTE: As per our recommendation. ‘Perfect Keto’ outwits all the products of its league, and it falls within the confines of being an unbeatable Keto Supplement available in the market. It is a genuine, affordable, yet a high quality product!
Why would you need such a supplement?
- It is hard to stick to any diet, which causes your metabolism to turn to a different and new source of energy. This involves transformation that occurs within the body, and changes which can be felt on the outside too. Initiating a ‘keto diet’ may come with minor side effects that are difficult to bear. All of us would love to diet, but without hampering our work schedules and energy levels. Moreover we sometimes need a resilient mechanism to cope and fill the gaps we might create by cheating during the diet!
- Not only this, since ketone salts contain added minerals like sodium, potassium or calcium they help in maintaining the right electrolytic balance too.
Thus the need for ketone supplements arises. They ease your journey into ketosis and turn you into a fat burning machine without turning your routine life upside down!
That extra gush of energy!
BHB, will provide a surge of ketones in your blood stream, helping your body to derive energy out of them. It will help you battle energy rundowns that you might face in the initial days of ketosis, or help you maintain a energy while mild exercise, as well as maintain electrolytes in your system since it is administered in a salt form.
Benefits of using a keto salt:
- Making your journey into ‘nutritional ketosis’ easier (evading symptoms of keto flu)
- Helps to balance blood sugar and hormones related to hunger (Leptin and ghrelin)
- Cognitive benefits (enhanced mental clarity and focus)
- Boost your performance: This is important because producing ketones naturally is rather a slow process. Increasing energy intake through ketones supplements is a convenient and a faster option. This can be used by athletes or for endurance training.
- Encourage weight loss : It can break your weight loss plateau. If you’re stuck at a constant weight for weeks, it helps through your weight loss journey, when combined with a low carb diet. It does not cause weight loss itself, but helps to achieve your goal.
- Maintain the right of balance of electrolytes in the body.
Editor’s note: – If you are interested in ketosis, and following ketogenic diet plans, we recommend two very useful resources – Perfect Keto, a natural supplement to get you into the state of Ketosis as quickly and effectively as possible.