The ‘Keto diet’ tricks your body into using your own BODY FAT as it’s main energy source instead of carbohydrates. This diet is very popular method of losing fat quickly and efficiently.
Is it hard for you to believe this?
You, must know that there’s ample of research that backs its efficacy!
The Science Behind Losing fat, on KETO DIET:
- To get your body into a ketogenic state you must eat a high fat diet and low protein with NO carbs or hardly any. The ratio should be around 80% fat and 20% protein. This will the guideline for the first 2 days.
- Once in a ketogenic state you will have to increase protein intake and lower fat, ratio will be around 65% fat, 30% protein and 5% carbs.
- Protein is increased to spare muscle tissue. When your body intakes carbohydrates it causes an insulin spike which means the pancreas releases insulin ( helps store glycogen, amino acids and excess calories as fat ) so common sense tells us that if we eliminate carbs then the insulin will not store excess calories as fat. Perfect.
- Now your body has no carbs as a energy source your body must find a new source and that’s fat.This works out perfectly if you want to lose body fat.
- The body will break down the body fat and use it as energy instead of carbs. This state is called ketosis. This is the state you want your body to be in, makes perfect sense if you want to lose body fat while maintaining muscle.
‘KETO’: a bundle of benefits!
From providing you lasting energy throughout the day to enhanced sleep, it lowers blood pressure, promotes heart health and decreases inflammation too. This diet has a myriad of benefits to offer. Moreover, it is used to therapeutically to treat various metabolic conditions also.
What may interest you the most is,
That you WILL lose weight and this diet also has an anti aging effect since it lowers the oxidative stress!
So, the end result is that apart from becoming healthy, YOU WILL LOOK GREAT!
WEIGHT LOSS via KETOSIS:
Studies show that people on low-carb diets lose more weight and much faster than people on low-fat diets even though they might restrict calories.
This reduction in carbohydrate forces the body to uses its fat storage to create the energy it needs to function. And this will not be simple weight loss! The icing on the cake is that, maximum weight loss will be from you abdomen. Ketosis will improve your waistline.
You may read more about it.
Another benefit that will make you crave for this diet is,
ENHANCED MENTAL PERFORMANCE:
Your brain will work better in general when burning fat as opposed to sugar, as fat was shown to be equally neurotherapeutic and neuroprotective. While fats are unable to cross the blood brain barrier, ketones, being fat-soluble fats, can cross it and feed your mind. Many times, enhanced cognition and mental acuity are one of the first things people notice when entering nutrient ketosis. Anecdotes certainly suggest that otherwise healthy individuals are able to experience cognitive advantages from brain usage of ketones.
If you’re thinking, what would my keto before and after transformation be like?
Then do not be scared and be assured if you follow keto the right way you’ll love the way it will help you.
If you are one of those people who’s energy gets sapped in little tasks.. Being overweight has lowered your confidence or you look more than your age. May be you might be one of those people whom the doctor has recommended no other way to combat diseases other than losing weight. What ever your situation might be, this regimen will surely help you.
Editor’s note: – If you are interested in ketosis, and following ketogenic diet plans, we recommend two very useful resources – Perfect Keto, a natural supplement to get you into the state of Ketosis as quickly and effectively as possible, and The Essential Keto Cookbook, a great way to kickstart your Keto journey.
You may have a glance at the keto diet results. People have been overwhelmed by the results they obtained and have shared their experiences.
This may foster your belief in the diet, so that you can make a choice.
- I used to be severely overweight for a period of my life (probably considered obese). I wasn’t always this way. The weight gain happened over time and I always tried to explain to people that it wasn’t me; I wasn’t born that way. I never felt like myself during those years. Some people have known me a long time and have seen my progress, but some only know me now and don’t know what I used to be. It wasn’t until October of 2016 that I learned about the ketogenic lifestyle and started that way of eating and was able to lose 10 pounds in 2 months, just from making better food choices.From June 2015 to now, I have lost about 76 pounds/7 dress sizes and I’m a happier, healthier, and stronger version of myself than I ever was before! It’s not just about the number and how I look, but I’ve learned that I need to take care of my body from the inside out for health reasons too. I now have more energy and I feel absolutely amazing. (Kristina Bezenah)
- I was whining that a skirt I bought back in high school was getting to be too big on me so I took pictures to enjoy the thing one last time (gotta be optimistic!) and compared myself to August 2013’s me. I still can’t believe the difference! Looking back, I didn’t feel 252 pounds. Even now, not looking at B&A pictures I don’t feel any different weight-wise. Health-wise I have more energy, don’t ache as much and can go up stairs like a champ![…] I loved keto for not being hungry. (Via Reddit)
- I used to body build in my early twenties, but when I stopped I gained a tremendous amount of weight due to poor diet and inactivity. For years I was just gaining until I got to a astounding 257 for my 5’8″ tall body, which was grossly overweight. After four years I began Brazilian jiu-jitsu (8 years ago), and changed my diet and immediately lost weight. Once my body settled into activity again, the poor diet messed me up once more and for the past 7.5 yrs, I was an accordion of weight loss and gain. Up/down/up/down and so on, until I met someone who turned me on to low-carb. I began my low-carb journey in October of 2016 at 226 pounds. Today I weigh 174 pounds! I’ve lost 52 pounds taking only one carb day a week. This is the most sustainable diet. I am hesitant to use the word diet because this isn’t a diet, it is a way of life and I certainly don’t feel like I am dieting. If I am hungry I eat. Low-carb is amazing and my life as an accordion is over! I still need to lose about 5% body fat. Who knows, maybe one day I will end up on a body building stage once more! My life has changed for the better, I feel good, I look good, and most importantly I have great energy! (Josh Stone)
- I started on September 5th, 2015 at 210 lbs. Got down to my original goal weight in June this year, but continued lifting and eating as I have been as opposed to going into maintenance and lost a bit more! Never looking back. 🙂 (via reddit)
To start your Keto journey with the right approach we recommend ‘The Keto Begining’ by Leanne Vogel who provides you the needed guidance and assistance.