Uniquely produced in Japan, Matcha powder has been drunk as tea or used as an ingredient in a variety of recipes, for along time now.It has also become a popular choice for people looking for keto friendly drinks. It does not hinder the process of KETOSIS, so you sip it and enjoy it too!
Matcha powder is considered to be a complex ground tea leaf that has an astringent taste that is easily sprinkled into recipes as well as drinks. In most cases, the leaves are steamed in a light mode so as to keep them from losing antioxidants. Later on, they are carefully ground into a fine as well as emerald green tea powder. On the other hand, matcha green tea is very popular especially in regions located in Japan.
There are health benefits that come with this particular beverage and are very helpful to human beings.
BENEFITS OF MATCHA GREEN TEA:
- Weight has become a very big issue to many people. There are several ways that can be used to achieve weight loss and taking this powdered beverage is one of them. It helps in boosting metabolism which in return burns fat. In addition, it helps in maintaining stability in blood sugar levels that help in suppressing carvings for consuming sweet things such as sweets, chocolates etc. Matcha green tea powder does not have sugar which is a health benefit to those suffering from diabetes. Lack of sugar indicates that there will be no rising of insulin levels which in return helps in blood sugar regulation. In addition, those willing to cut down their sugar intake, taking these particular beverages are beneficial as it will in return boost their immune system. Research says that matcha green tea powder also contains ‘catechins’ which aid in weight loss.
- It acts as a detoxifier in that it helps in removing any toxins as well as metals completely from the body. This is because of high presence of chlorophyll content.
- In case an individual is suffering from constipation, this beverage is considered to be a very perfect source of obtaining dietary fiber that aids those constipated persons.
- For those having energy issues, taking matcha can be used as an energy booster. This is simply because it raises the level of energy for a prolonged period of time without the necessity of you having an overstimulated feeling.
- The beverage is believed to elevate an individual’s mood since it entails an amino acid known as l-theanine. It is believed to have a relaxing effect on a person’s mind thus making it best for releasing tension as well as anxiety.
- Due to the high content of antioxidants in it, it aids in fighting the effects that come with aging.
Can I use ‘Matcha’ on a keto diet?
Of course YES.
This is due to the amazing fat burning properties of matcha. It is extremely healthy and confer many more benefits like anti ageing, controlling blood sugar and cardiovascular benefits.
It give an energy boost and enhances focus without getting worried about calories!
EDITOR’s NOTE: We recommend you to use ‘Matcha Latte MCT oil powder’ that will make a perfect cup of keto friendly tea or smoothie as you may like.
MATCHA LATTE recipe:
- 1¾ cup (414ml) hot water
- 1 teaspoon (3 grams) matcha green tea powder
- ¼ cup (59ml) unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) MCT oil or coconut oil
- 1 scoop (10 grams) gelatin
- 1-2 drops alcohol-free stevia
1 Add all ingredients but gelatin to the jug of your high-powered blender. Blend on high for 1 minute. During the last 10 seconds, add gelatin. Transfer to a cup and enjoy.
Editor’s note: – If you are interested in ketosis, and following ketogenic diet plans, we recommend two very useful resources – Perfect Keto, a natural supplement to get you into the state of Ketosis as quickly and effectively as possible, and The Essential Keto Cookbook, a great way to kickstart your Keto journey.