Smoothies are a great option for a healthy breakfast which is relished by one and all. It is a great way to start your day since it is packed with essential vitamins and nutrients while being filling too. Moreover the time spent in making smoothies is very less!
Are you wondering that can a smoothie be ‘Keto friendly’?
The answer is YES.. You can easily relish your favourite smoothies with slight modifications in their recipes.
- GREEN KETO SMOOTHIE WITH AVOCADO AND MINT:
- 1/2 of an avocado (about 3-4 ounces)
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Sweetener to taste (stevia)
- 5-6 large mint leaves
- 3 sprigs of cilantro
- 1 squeeze of lime juice
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 1 – 1 1/2 cup crushed ice
1 Place all of the ingredients except the ice into the blender. Blend on low speed until completely pureed. Add the crushed ice and blend. Taste to adjust sweetness and tartness. Serve.
- LOW CARB CHOCOLATE ALMOND SMOOTHIE:
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 1/4 Cup Ice
- 1 scoop Stevia (optional)
- 2 TBSP Almond Butter
- 1 TBSP Cacao Powder
- 2 TBSP Avocado
Place all the ingredients in a blender, and blend well. Serve with crushed ice.
- KETO SMOOTHIE- BLUEBERRY GALAXY:
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- 0.25 Cup Blueberries
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 tsp MCT Oil
- 1 Scoop Whey Protein Powder (optional)
1 Put all the ingredients into a mixer, and blend until smooth.
- COCONUT MILK STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE:
- 1 cup strawberries frozen
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons smooth almond butter
- 2 packets stevia optional
1 Add all ingredients to blender.
2 Blend until smooth.
3 Pour into glass and enjoy!
- KETOGENIC GREEN SMOOTHIE
• 2 cups spinach (or kale)
• 10 almonds (raw)
• 2 brazil nuts
• 1 cup coconut milk (unsweetened – from refrigerated cartons not cans)
- 1 scoop Amazing Grass Greens Powder
- Place the spinach, almonds, brazil nuts, and coconut milk into the blender fi
- Blend until pureed.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and blend
Editor’s note: – If you are interested in ketosis, and following ketogenic diet plans, we recommend two very useful resources – Perfect Keto, a natural supplement to get you into the state of Ketosis as quickly and effectively as possible, and The Essential Keto Cookbook, a great way to kickstart your Keto journety.